From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why does not startx or xinit start gnome?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:26:12
1 on Wednesday 02/21/2007 Etaoin Shrdlu(shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org) wrote
2 > On Wednesday 21 February 2007 09:02, John covici wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hi. I was having major problems getting gnome to work at all when I
5 > > discovered that it onlyy works if I login using gdm -- is there
6 > > something about the gentoo distribution which has broken startx so
7 > > gnome does not run or am I doing something wrong here?
8 >
9 > I think that's what XSESSION in /etc/rc.con is for. At least, in my
10 > system I see that 'startx' honors that setting.
11
12 Yep, that does work, but I had no idea that functionality was even
13 there -- the line was commented out in the file.
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici