From: Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel configuration problems
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 03:16:55
1 On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
2
3 > I am presently having problems compiling suspend2 kernel 2.6.22.
4 > It compiles with genkernel, but if I try to use make and customise a special
5 > kernel, it will not find my hard drive. The error message reports that the
6 > ide-cdrom on hda is the only drive present.
7 >
8 > The computer is a Toshiba L45-7409 laptop.
9 > Can anyone offer me any guidance as to which kernel options to engage, whether
10 > to use modules or compiled-in, etc.
11
12 You might try boting with the genkernel kernel and looking at
13 /proc/config.gz; I don't know if genkernel sets the option to create it,
14 but, if it does, that's the configuration for the running kernel. Then you
15 can import it into the source tree ("cd usr/src/linux; zcat
16 /proc/config.gz > .config; make oldconfig"), and then customize further
17 from a working configuration.
18
19 -Daniel
20 *This .sig left intentionally blank*