From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage getting mixed up with USE?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:14:55
1 On Wednesday 22 June 2011 21:16:30 Sebastian Beßler did opine thusly:
2 > Am 22.06.2011 20:22, schrieb Dale:
3 > > Sebastian Beßler wrote:
4 > >> It is not a FEATURE its a default option
5 > >>
6 > >> NOTE: This --autounmask behavior can be disabled by setting
7 > >>
8 > >> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n" in
9 > >> make.conf.
10 > >
11 > > Ohhhh, I can't pass this up. That sounds so much like windoze.
12 > > lol
13 > >
14 > > Dale
15 > >
16 > > :-) :-)
17 >
18 > This new behavior is bad, but not as bad as Windows. This is Gentoo
19 > after all and not Ubuntu ;-P :-)
20
21 Gentoo, the OS that you get to break with the greatest of ease. And
22 the devs will go to extra-ordinary lengths to help you do just that.
23
24 My Gentoo is like my 3 dogs - Boston Terriers - ugly as sin and they
25 fart like troopers but I still love 'em to bits in spite^W^Wbecause of
26 it :-)
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com