From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sending notification to user@host in LAN
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:19:53
1 Randy Barlow writes:
2
3 > If you are already using Kopete, why not just use an instant message
4 > service like AIM or Jabber or another?
5
6 I thought about that, too. But as I wrote I would prefer a window to open,
7 instead of having a little notification in he taskbar that kopete received
8 a message, which I have to klick at.
9
10 Beides, I often have trouble with my accounts, they go offline from time to
11 time, and I have to restart them manually. I want something that works all
12 the time. Okay, I could set up my own jabber server just for that, but that
13 seems to be a little exaggerated. And I would need to find out how to send
14 a message via command line, too.
15
16 Alex
17 --