From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nvidia and i/o problem
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:12:42
1 Zhu Sha Zang wrote:
2 > I run the compilation without X, and try to acces over ssh. I can
3 > enter in machine, but so slowly.
4 >
5 > The system become unresponsive. If I stay the compilation process end,
6 > i can use the system again.
7 >
8 > Normally, i've compiled this sources into the night, when off from work.
9 >
10 > This machine are new and of course i've tested and don't think that a
11 > hardware problem. But i'll check this more deeper.
12 >
13 > Att
16 I forgot to mention this in my other post. Do you have this in your
17 make.conf:
18
19 PORTAGE_NICENESS=5
20 PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND="ionice -c 3 -p \${PID}"
21
22 I think you have to enable ionice in the kernel for it to work.
23
24 Hope that helps.
25
26 Dale