From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS mount not properly unmounting during shutdown/reboot
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 10:39:41
1 On 10/06/2013 12:34, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Sorry, that wasn't much of a problem description...
3 >
4 > I have a system that I often manually mount and unmount some NFS mounts...
5 >
6 > If I try to do a reboot or shutdown of the system while one of these NFS
7 > mounts is mounted, it hangs with the last thing showing on the screen as
8 > "Unmounting /var..."
9 >
10 > I've let it sit there for at least half an hour, maybe more, so I don't
11 > think it would ever continue...
12 >
13 > If I remember to manually unmount the NFS mount before initiating the
14 > reboot/shutdown, it doesn't hang.
15 >
16 > I'm guessing that it hangs at /var because it is the last mountpoint
17 > defined in my /etc/fstab?
18 >
19 > So... any pointers on where to look for a resolution would be appreciated.
20 >
21 > Resolution being, if I can manually unmount it fine, why can't the
22 > system auto-unmount it?
25 Let's get some facts to work with
26
27 can you post your fstab, rc-update show, /etc/exports on the NFS server
28 and the mount options used for the NFS mounts?
35 > Thanks,
36 >
37 > Charles
38 >