From: pk <petekarl@××××××××××××××××.se>
To: GentooUser <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Usb device not accepting address x, error -71
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:13:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I've just stumbled on a problem with my "gentoo-sources" kernel
4 (2.6.22-gentoo-r9). My external usb harddrive where I keep my backups
5 does not seem to get recognised by the kernel anymore. I have googled
6 this and have come up with some possible scenarios. None of them seem
7 like they would solve the problem. First, my uhci and ehci is compiled
8 into the kernel (not a module). The same setup has worked fine for a
9 number of 2.6 kernels (since 2-3 years back at least). I've reused the
10 .config file during this time with "make oldconfig" and going through it
11 manually for each upgrade.
12
13 Has anyone else encountered this problem, and more importantly has
14 anyone a solution to this? Is it a driver bug?
15
16 Best regards
17
18 Peter K