From: Fabio <stratosphere1982@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo didn't work with ati sapphire 2400
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:57:25
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Or use some other bootable CD like Knoppix.
4 >
5 > The best way to install Gentoo is the old way. You will learn a lot
6 > about Linux that way too. If you just have to, you can install some
7 > binary based OS like Mandriva on a separate drive and use it to install
8 > from then erase Mandriva after you get everything sorted out. The plus
9 > to that is you can use Mandriva to search the forums when a problem
10 > arises. It does have web browsers too.
11 >
12 > Just a few thoughts there.
13 >
14 > Dale
15 >
17 >
18 thanks Dale! I currently use ubuntu and Debian now. I try to install the
19 gentoo system via chroot from Ubuntu but was a real suicide for me..at
20 the end..I don't know why it does not work.
21 so do you think this is the best way?
22 thanks!
23 Fabio
24 --
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list