From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Boot freeze/kthreadd stack trace - AMD_PMU_INIT
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 06:15:26
1 Specs:
2 blob free coreboot on a kgpe-d16 (amd opteron)
5 Happens with both the livecd/usb and a kernel I compiled on another
6 machine (however with that one I simply get a black screen and a bootloop)
7 Other distros kernels work fine, it is just gentoo.
8 The livecd and compiled kernel work fine on all my other computers/VMM's.
9
10 Upon loading I get to amd performance counters, it freezes and 5-10 secs
11 later I receive stack trace for kthreadd "hung" (amd_pmu_init - seems to
12 be the primary reason) I never get to a login prompt.
13
14 It isn't microcode related as I removed the microcode packages from the
15 other distros I tried.
16
17 Any ideas? Is there any additional info that would be helpful? How can I
18 dump the boot text?