From: Patrick Rutkowski <rutski89@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler; 2.) kdebase-3.4.1-r1 failed
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:30:25
1 On Wednesday 20 July 2005 22:08, Joseph wrote:
2 > I have a brand new (conservative box) AMD64 3000, Sata Drive with Asus
3 > AV8,
4 > I have two problems:
5 >
6 > 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler.
7 > It appear during every few hours during compiling, I've seen other folks
8 > having the same problem but no solution.
9 >
10 > 2,) I'm constantly getting the error when I try to emerge kde
11 > kde-base/kdebase-3.4.1-r1 failed
12 > Function kde_compile, line 164,
13 >
14 > I've tried re-emerge qt, it did not help
15 > my make.conf:
16 > CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2"
17 > CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
18 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
19 > MAKEOPTS="-j2"
20 >
21 > I've tried new kde-split, same error.
22 > Somebody pointed out that it has something do to with gcc-3.4.3-r1 but
23 > this is the only stable version available on AMD64.
24 >
25 > So, I have this new box - good for nothing, well it might run
26 > Windows :-(
27 >
28 > #Joseph
29
30 So try the unstable gcc :-D
31
32 In all seriousness, this seams like an issue destined for a more specific
33 mailing list; try to contact others who have this issue and you can work it
34 out together.
35
36 It's very puzzling, good luck (hopefully someone on this gentoo list can help
37 too).
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list