From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Update circle
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 10:26:05
2 > The machine is actually a server, which just sat in a corner doing its
3 > job perfectly. That's one of the reasons it wasn't updated: if it ain't
4 > broken, don't fix it.
7 Any system that is not getting software updates is broken to some degree,
8 just in a subtle way.
9
10 Trimming your /var/lib/portage/world file and removing the trimmed packages
11 can make the update less painful. I sometimes remove non-system packages I
12 want, then reinstall again later to get through difficult upgrades.