From: Sergey Kobzar <sergey.kobzar@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Resuming after hibernate
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:01:33
1 Monday, November 9, 2009, 5:39:46 PM, Walter wrote:
2
3 > Why do you need anything in the kernel commandlindline? Everything is
4 > done either in the kernel config or in hibernate.conf. "make menuconfig"
5 > on my machine goes like so...
6
7 > =========================================
8 > Power management and ACPI options --->
9
10 > [*] Power Management support
11 > [ ] Power Management Debug Support
12 > [ ] Suspend to RAM and standby
13 > [*] Hibernation (aka 'suspend to disk')
14 > (/dev/sda6) Default resume partition
15 > =========================================
16
17 I have same settings in my kernel too:
18 CONFIG_ARCH_HIBERNATION_POSSIBLE=y
19 CONFIG_HIBERNATION=y
20 CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION="/dev/sda5"
21
22 Just added the 'resume=swap:/dev/sda5' to grub.con to be 100% sure
23 it's not a kernel bug.
26 > Your system should have /dev/sda5. I ran "emerge hibernate-script"
27 > and then executed "rc-update add hibernate-cleanup boot" so that when
28 > the machine comes up from "reboot" or "halt -p", it doesn't try to load
29 > the swap file as memory state.
30
31 I did this too.
32 Also I emerged sys-power/suspend because without this tool
33 hibernate-ram does not work for me (display is blank after resuming).
36 > Here are the uncommented lines in my hibernate.conf. The last 4 lines
37 > are specific to my machine, and may not apply to yours. It works great
38 > for me.
39
40 > TryMethod disk.conf
41 > Distribution gentoo
42 > DownInterfaces auto
43 > PowerdownMethod shutdown
44 > UseSysfsPowerState disk
45 > UpInterfaces auto
46 > OnResume 99 chvt 1
47 > OnResume 98 setfont lat1-10
48 > OnResume 97 /etc/init.d/sshd restart
49 > OnResume 96 alsactl restore
50
51 /etc/hibernate/common.conf:
52 Verbosity 0
53 LogFile /var/log/hibernate.log
54 LogVerbosity 1
55 Distribution gentoo
56 SaveClock restore-only
57 UnloadBlacklistedModules yes
58 LoadModules auto
59 SwitchToTextMode yes
60
61 /etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf:
62 TryMethod tuxonice.conf
63 TryMethod disk.conf
64 TryMethod ram.conf
65
66 cat /etc/hibernate/disk.conf
67 TryMethod ususpend-disk.conf
68 TryMethod sysfs-disk.conf
69
70 /etc/hibernate/ususpend-disk.conf:
71 USuspendMethod disk
72 Include common.conf
75 Btw, am I right pressing 'power' button to resume from suspend to
76 disk?
79 Sergey