From: mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Last week gentoo problems durring installation
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 06:19:52
1 Hi!
2
3 If You want to know what hapend last week with gentoo installation with kde4, kde3, GTK+ apps without fonts I just want to say that it was xf86-video-i810 aka xf86-video-intel driver problem - EXA cards don't display correctly fonts with EXA enabled. When Force XAA fonts come back. Also PageFlipping don't work anymore with XAA/EXA. That issues don't exisit under experimental xf86-video-intel driver from intellinuxgraphics.com/org or what ever. And what makes me think it's all about driver? Hmm... I accidently install VESA driver and in config (xorgconfig) I choose VESA thinking - why do not try? And Voila! All done! Kde 3.5.8 working with no errors. Also applying some tweaks for i965GM chipset:
4
5 Section "Device"
6 Identifier "** Intel i810 (generic) [i810]"
7 Driver "intel" # i810 is simlinked to intel so not matter - it can be freely typed i810
8 # VideoRam 262144 # Not needed - card autodetect
9 Option "TripleBuffer" "true" # TripleBuffer works perfect
10 Option "AperTexSize" "131072" # resized texture memory for 3D games and apps
11 Option "AccelMethod" "XAA" # only XAA works - must be forced
12 # Option "PageFlip" "true" # not working correctly
13 Option "RenderAccel" "true" # because KDE 3.5.8 want's it - not used by driver ;)
14 EndSection
15
16 This works perfect with maximized texture memory 128MB ;) ideal for UT2004.
17
18 Greetings,
19 Mateusz M.
20 --