From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Midi-masterkeyboard...and Linux?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 17:06:52
1 On 09/02/12 18:29, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > to aim at the right way of "research" I would like to know,
5 > wether it would be
6 >
7 > a) no problem at all
8 > b) a true problem near to an unsolveable challenge
9 > c) a thing of careful selection of the according hardware
10 >
11 > to connect a midi masterkeyboard via usb to an ordinary PC (in an
12 > useable manner, of course....;) ). I dont want to add an extra PCIe
13 > card to my PC because there is simply no room for it in my PC.
14 >
15 > To what do I have to pay my attention to?
16
17 Make sure you have enabled the SND_USB_AUDIO driver in your kernel:
18
19 Device Drivers -> Sound card support -> Advanced Linux Sound
20 Architecture -> USB sound devices -> USB Audio/MIDI driver
21
22 And it should "just work". At least mine did after I enabled the above
23 driver.