From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a cell?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:16:35
1 So,
2
3 After contacting several US carriers, the cover story is you can get a
4 cell phone, root it with linux, and it 'should work'. Supposedly, you
5 are encourage, but they
6 will not offer any help. So rather than spending months,
7 I'd like to 'cheat' and find a gentoo hack(er) that has
8 rooted and put some form of gentoo, or embedded_gentoo
9 on a cell phone.
10
11 Please respond to the list, but, for whatever reason, private responses
12 are OK too.
15 I'm just tire of my Android cell phone downloading update *every night*.
16 I want/need control of the stacks
17 running on the phone. I have heard this is quite popular in Europe and
18 the Rf circuits have their own firmware, so it's really next to
19 impossible to hack the Rf side
20 of communications.....?
23 Any and all responses, public or private, are most welcome. Links only
24 are fine too!
27 James