From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Getting Photos From A Digital Camera
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:29:43
2 > > Why not set up your camera to act as a USB disk?
3 > > I do it this way and use the very special tools like ``mount'',
4 ``ls''
5 > > and ``cp'' ;o)))))))))))))
6 >
7 > I second this. Just set something like:
8 > =================================================
9 > /dev/sda /mnt/sda auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime 0 0
10 > /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime 0 0
11 > =================================================
12 > depending on what your camera's flash memory is recognised as (look in
13 > your
14 > dmesg output when you plug it in) and then use ls, or your file
15 manager to
16 > look at and manipulate its contents. If you have hald it should be
17 picked
18 > up
19 > automatically without you having to create the /mnt/sda directory or
20 > manually
21 > mount/umount the device.
22 >
23 > --
24 > Regards,
25 > Mick
26 [Timothy A. Holmes]
27 Springboarding from this, Can someone point me to a SIMPLE procedure for
28 making my card reader / flash drives auto mount -- I do it routinely
29 from the command line and it works nicely, but the automount would be
30 nice
31
32 TIM
33
34 Timothy A. Holmes
35 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
36
37 Medina Christian Academy
38 A Higher Standard...
39