From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ReactOS with Virtual Box: B.O.D. Black Screen of (?)death(?)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 15:04:27
1 On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 03:26:06PM +0200, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > I tried to install ReactOS into my Virtual Box which went fine so far.
3 > Booting itsself was no problem either....but instead of getting a desktop I
4 > got a simple uniform black screen. No error messages so far...nothing....only
5 > the black void.
6
7 Did you manage to get to the stage of the graphical wizard, which displays after
8 rebooting for the first time ? This is the point at which you set the name and
9 Administrative Password.
10
11 > Does someone run ReactOS successfully with virtualbox and knows how to
12 > circumvent this BOD?
13
14 I've got it running perfectly on QEMU, although it does seem a bit sluggish.
15 With VirtualBox, are you able to virtualise other systems, or is this issue
16 specific to ReactOS ? Have you ever managed to run a previous version of ReactOS
17 in the past, or is this your first attempt at doing so ?
21 Ashley Dixon
22 suugaku.co.uk
25 DA96 D18A
26 8A7B B0D2