From: Timo Boettcher <spida@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Touchscreens under linux
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 20:35:13
1 Hi!
2
3 For my Musicbox[1] project, I am looking for a way to control a mpd[2]
4 with a touchscreen. The device I have in mind is a 10,2" VGA / USB
5 touchscreen. I assume it is supported by linux.
6
7 If I understand correctly, the touchscreen is (if used correctly) just
8 another way to control the mouse pointer. Is that right?
9
10 Do I have to use X to use the touchscreen, or can I use it with gpm or
11 SDL?
12
13 Does anybody know a client for mpd ([2]) that works without X an can be
14 controlled with a touchscreen? Maybe using SDL?
15
16 If there is no client that works without X, does anybody know something
17 that will work as an onscreen-keyboard?
18
19 Timo
20
21 PS: yes, I have read the howto[3]