From: "A.R.S. KA9QLQ Alvin Koffman" <alvin_ka9qlq@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Fairwell for now
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:18:11
1 -- "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > At the risk of piling on opinions, I agree as well, after doing 15 or so
5 > compiled installs, I have moved to the installer for the simple fact of
6 > needing to speed up my deployment. My only complaint with the compiled
7 > installation is that it takes a lot of time, I cannot just sit down get
8 > it going and move on to other tasks. It is faster for me to do the
9 > graphical install (all the effort is at the front end) and then just
10 > turn it loose, if I need to later, I can rework the kernel and install
11 > that. It may not be the ideal deployment strategy, but it appears to be
12 > working reasonably well.
13 >
14 > TIM
15
16 Thank you Tim, I like to tinker and learn too, but sometime it's nice to
17 just start the car with out having to rebuild it.
18 Alvin
19
20 For the best jerky you've ever had go to
21 http://alk.jerkydirect.com/
22 My home page
23 http://ka9qlq.tripod.com
24 This PC is windows free with Mepis Linux 3.4-3
25 http://www.mepis.org/
26 1(747)632-4973 SIP
27 Get Gizmo 1 cent per minuet calling
28 http://www.gizmoproject.com/