From: Dom Rodriguez <shymega@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gpicview/eom/eog not displaying JPEGs
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 20:13:17
1 Hello,
2
3 I've installed media-gfx/gpicview and its unable to view JPEG files. It errors
4 with 'Couldn't recognise the image file format for file <redacted>'.
5
6 Oddly enough, `imlib2_view` and `feh` can open JPEGs fine. I think its related
7 to either (or a combination of both) GTK+ or gdk-pixbuf.
8
9 I've attached the output from `emerge --info`, and USE flags (from equery) of
10 the following packages that I feel are possibly related:
11
12 - x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf
13 - x11-libs/gtk+
14 - media-libs/imlib2
15 - media-gfx/eog
16 - media-gfx/eom
17
18 I'm using 'default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/systemd' as my profile, and
19 I've run a @world update, to no avail of fixing the JPEG issue.
20
21 I have to admit, I'm not really sure what's going on here. Its rather odd...
22
23 Has anyone else here experienced a similar issue? Did you manage to resolve it?
24
25 Thanks for any assistance with this problem.
28 Sincerely,
29 Dom Rodriguez (shymega).

emerge_info.txt text/plain
gtk+_flags.txt text/plain