From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot has no space left.
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:45:01
1 Wol wrote:
2 > On 15/07/2022 00:01, Dale wrote:
3 >> Guillermo García wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Hello again guys, how are you? I hope you're fine.
6 >>>
7 >>> I remember someone told me a program to use to remove old kernels in
8 >>> order to get more space on /boot, i tried to search the original
9 >>> message that the guy sent me trough this list, but i cannot find it.
10 >>>
11 >>> Here's a screenshot of my /boot folder:
12 >>>
13 >>> I guess the kernel version i use is this one:
14 >>>
15 >>> Could someone tell me a method to remove the old kernels in order to
16 >>> get more space in /boot?
17 >>>
18 >>> Thank you, and regards,
19 >>>
20 >>> Guillermo.
21 >>>
24 >> I found it for you.  The package is app-admin/eclean-kernel.  I think
25 >> there is a wiki page on the Gentoo website for that.  I recall it
26 >> being pretty easy to use.
27 >>
28 > Bear in mind, if the OP is running 5.15.10, that's the second oldest
29 > kernel in the list. If he's got five newer kernels there, is
30 > eclean-kernel going to assume the live kernel is out-of-date and
31 > delete it? NOT a good idea.
32 >
33 > The OP needs to make sure that both 5.15.41 and 5.15.48 are in his
34 > boot menu, AND that they both work, before risking clearing out the
35 > rest ...
36 >
37 > Cheers,
38 > Wol
39 >
40 > .
44 I've never used the tool.  I clean mine manually.  That way I know what
45 is going on.  Right now, I can't get a new kernel to boot cleanly.  I'm
46 stuck with a older one but it works.  I've tried two different version
47 but still fails with something.  Maybe next time.
48
49 Dale
50