From: dev-random@××××.ru
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xcfe4 -- can't return to X after ctrl+alt+(f1-f6,f12)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:23:14
1 On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 04:28:33PM -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > I think this is xcfe specific, because it hasn't happen with other wms.
5 >
6 > If, after running startx, I move to another terminal using
7 > ctr+alt+(f1-f6,f12), when I return to the X window, ctrl+alt+f7, I see
8 > nothing but a blank terminal, not even a cursor. I have to navigate to
9 > wherever I started X, hit ctrl-c and run startx again.
10 >
11 > Anybody else have this problem? FWiW, this is taking place on an Asus
12 > 900A, using a configuration-less X setup.
13 >
14 > Maxim
15
16 Completely black terminal, black terminal with text cursor or black
17 terminal with mouse pointer?