From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What magic does portage use?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 01:56:04
1 Keith Dart wrote:
2 > === On Sat, 12/12, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote: ===
3 >
4 >> except that is a myth and harddisk vendors say that modern desktop
5 >> harddisks are not built for 24/7 usage.
8 > ===
9 >
10 > Right. That's why I always buy high-end server disks. It's worth it if
11 > you plan to use your system for a long time.
14 > -- Keith Dart
17 Sort of funny in a way. My rig is about 6 years old. So far, the fans
18 is the only thing that i have had trouble with. Bearings fail after a
19 while. I did have a power supply to go out but that was because the fan
20 stopped working.
21
22 Your mileage may vary tho.
23