From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessibility, or, Purple writing on black is a REALLY BAD idea.
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 15:49:19
1 Jeff Rollin wrote:
2 > In the last episode, Andrey Gerasimenko wrote:
3 >
4 > AG>
5 > AG> Do you mean www.gentoo.org? If yes:
6 > AG>
7 > AG> IMHO this should not be filed as a bug. The colors all over the page are
8 > AG> consistent and the links, which are not exactly purple, are visible.
9 >
10 > The colors are consistent, but the links are only visible against the light
11 > background of the side, not against the top.
12 >
13 > Since AG> they turn to light green when the mouse points at them it is
14 > impossible to AG> click a wrong link.
15 >
16 > That is obviously browser-dependent, since they don't change when I point to
17 > them on mine. Besides, that is just bad design.
18 >
19 > AG>
20 > AG> I guess those who are new to www.gentoo.org will move the mouse over all
21 > AG> links; the rest just click automatically.
22 >
23 > I wouldn't bet on it; I'm not exactly a new visitor but I can never remember
24 > the order of the links. Especially since the website design has just been
25 > changed.
26 >
27 > Jeff
31 Funny, I'm half blind and I can see them fine, without my glasses even.
32 They even sort of stick out to me. Then again, I'm weird anyway. LOL
33
34 Dale
35
39 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
40
41 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list