From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vmware opengl
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 18:45:38
1 Hi list,
2
3 I have to run windows most of the time on my main desktop for work
4 reasons, but every now and then I install a gentoo guest on vmware to
5 see how the latest DMs are coming along.
6
7 The current KDE4 is vastly improved from last time, extremely responsive
8 and everything is really nice...except that I cannot get opengl working
9 for compositing.
10
11 The virtual machine has acceleration enabled, everything relevant has
12 opengl compiled. I'm not very experienced with X/opengl/etc so I'm not
13 sure what else needs to be done.
14
15 glxinfo gives me:
16
17 name of display: :0
18 Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
19
20 I'm not sure if it's even possible to get opengl working here...but I
21 assume it is as a mythbuntu vm works perfectly displaying live tv etc.
22
23 Anyway, any tips on this subject appreciated. It's hard to find anything
24 on google related to this.
25
26 Many thanks