From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 19:14:05
1 On 30/06/12 17:10, Dale wrote:
2 > Michael Mol wrote:
3 >> AFAIK, you should be fine renaming bzImage to vmlinuz. (Note the z.
4 >> It's vmlinuz, not vmlinux")
5 >
6 > Well that fixed one thing already. lol I bet I would have named that
7 > wrong. ;-)
8 >
9 > vmlinuz. Weird. They did that to confuse me didn't they. :/
10
11 I think that you can just symlink the kernel you want to vmlinuz, and
12 then every time you "make install" in the kernel sources will
13 automatically update that symlink. (Assuming you have the
14 sys-apps/debianutils package installed.)