From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why are gentoo people so in love with colorizedoutput?!?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:16:47
1 On Wednesday 04 April 2007 21:59:09 felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > > The output you've posted in your other mail comes from the package
3 > > app-portage/getdelta. It could very well be they don't respect the color
4 > > setting and forece it.
5 > >
6 > > try to unset the FETCHCOMMAND in your /etc/make.conf
7 >
8 > That does eliminate the color output, but it's a nonstarter; that
9 > machine lives on dialup. It's also pretty pathetic that one portage
10 > package doesn't know what the other is doing, and the only solution is
11 > to disable getdelta. If the portage develoeprs don't keep track of
12 > their own changes and don't talk to each other even on such closely
13 > related packages, well, I guess it doesn't surprise me.
14
15 Why on earth do you think the portage devs have anything to do with third
16 party apps like getdelta, esearch, eix, gentoolkit etc. They don't!
17
18 Colors for getdelta can be disabled in /etc/deltup/getdelta.rc.
21 Bo Andresen