From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: wicd not restarting after hibernation
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:32:54
1 »Q« <boxcars <at> gmx.net> writes:
4 > On my amd64 laptop, on resume from hibernation, wicd almost always
5 > fails to restart. This problem goes back to when I set up the machine,
6 > over a year ago, but it seems to have gotten a lot worse in the last
7 > month or so.
10 Shot in the dark: Check (and google for issues with obscure bios settings
11 for your version of the bios. Sometime a bios upgrade|downgrade can help,
12 but my understanding is that hibernate on laptops is so varied that
13 often some brands do not work even with redmond products.
14
15 some marginally useful keywords: PXE and (u)efi
16
17 hth,
18 James