From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-7.2 and ati-drivers-8.32.5
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 18:38:49
1 On 2007-05-07, Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> Next time I'm in the market for a loptop, I'm going to think
4 >> long and hard before buying another model that has an ATI video
5 >> chipset. I've never had a lick of trouble with NVidia drivers
6 >> and have had constant headaches with ATI drivers (from both
7 >> xorg and ATI).
8
9 > Your comment is really funny because I think the same before
10 > my 8.36ati-drivers work. Honestly I think the same now, it's
11 > important keep that in mind. In my job I have an Nvidia Video
12 > Card and on the first time i installed the nvidia-drivers
13 > pufff.. works.
14
15 I used to like ATI because there were open-source drivers that
16 supported 3D acceleration, but that ended a few years ago: the
17 9250 was the last board with opensource DRI support.
18
19 Unfortunately, if you're shopping for a laptop there seem very
20 few non-ATI choices.
23 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I represent a
24 at sardine!!
25 visi.com
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list