From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unstoppable, undeciperable kernel call trace in log
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 01:27:09
1 On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > Please take a look at this clip from /var/log/messages:
5 >
6 > https://paste.lugons.org/show/2679/
7 >
8 > Can somebody tell me what it means? It never changes, char by char. It
9 > goes on forever, over and over again. At one time I wanted kernel
10 > debugging, but I've returned to menuconfig and turned it off(I thought
11 > ).
12 >
13 > How do I stop this pointless verbosity?
14
15 Hi,
16
17 I don't have an answer, but if you google the phrase "rcu_bh detected
18 stall on CPU" you can find many reports similar to yours and maybe
19 some information.
20
21 Do you have RCU_CPU_STALL_INFO=y in your kernel config?