From: Michele Alzetta <michele.alzetta@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: escape from i3lock
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 08:49:29
1 I've been using
2
3 vlock -a
4
5 for years ... it works.
6
7 Il giorno ven 12 lug 2019 alle ore 03:18 Laurence Perkins <
8 lperkins@×××××××.net> ha scritto:
11 > > So the solution is to just use "xscreensaver" by jwz. Which can be
12 > > configured to just blank the screen etc. as wanted by the op. See
13 > > also
14 > > the FAQ: https://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html
15 > >
16 > > HTH,
17 > > -dnh
20 > Except I use xscreensaver myself and it in no way prevents VT switch,
21 > which is what the OP was hoping to find a way to do if and only if the
22 > screen is locked. Programs that grab input still don't get to block
23 > combos that are processed by the X server before they even get to the
24 > program's input queue any more than grabbing input will block the alt-
25 > sysrq kernel-level interrupt keys.
26 >
27 > Disabling VT switch by the X server and then setting up some other way
28 > to trigger a switch that will be blocked by whatever screen locking
29 > program the OP wishes to use is the best solution I can think of. chvt
30 > would be the program to call. Whether he wants it to be a keyboard
31 > shortcut handled by his DE or some other trigger method is a matter of
32 > taste.
33 >
34 > LMP
35 >