From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setting system's domain name
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:18:57
1 2007/1/21, John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>:
2 > I am having problems setting the domain name of a new gentoo
3 > installation. I looked at /etc/conf.d/net.examples and tried what
4 > seemed to me what they were looking for such as
5 > DNS_LO="<domain name>"
6 >
7 > The host name works, although I would like to not have it wipe out my
8 > resolv.conf. I can set hostname to the fully qualified name using the
9 > hostname command, but gentoo still says unknown domain name when I log
10 > in, so I am not sure this is correct.
11
12 try something like this in /etc/conf.d/net
13
14 dns_domain="<domain-name>"
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list