From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network do not come up after booting, only manual reloading (systemd-networkd)
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 02:12:08
1 On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 2:46 PM Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 [...]
3
4 > /etc/systemd/network/20-wirded.network:
5
6 [...]
7
8 That looks fine to me.
9
10 for enp7s0 there is no other network file.
13 That is as it should be.
14
15 I think with THIS systemd version, the whole problem is, that the
16 > configuration will be done before the devices are made and renamed to
17 > enp6s0 and enp7s0.
20 I don't think so; the renaming of ethernet devices happens really early,
21 and systemd-networkd detects it automatically (journal -b -g enp6s0 should
22 show "enp6s0: renamed from eth0" as first log line, and then
23 systemd-networkd detecting it).
24
25 The problem is, how to solve it ....
28 Try adding this to /etc/systemd/network/20-wirded.network, at the end:
29
30 [Link]
31 RequiredForOnline=false
32
33 but this is a workaround; everything should work automagically.
34
35 Regards.
36 --
37 Dr. Canek Peláez Valdés