From: Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xauthority and su
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:45:26
1 >Hi Jonas,
2 >unfortunately, I don't understand your advice.
3 >
4 >I do have X11 forwarding configured and I don't have any problems
5 >when working as the same user for which I logged in via ssh -Y.
6 >But if I change the user by using su (doesn't work) or sux (works on
7 >a local machine), Xauthorization fails.
8
9 hi,
10
11 sorry i was a bit in a hurry.
12
13 it's been a while since i looked into this but i think you can add your
14 users x-magic-cookie to your authorized cookies, your cookie to his
15 cookies or a new cookie to his cookies and your authorized cookies
16 (which you can delete later so he doesn't have access to your session
17 anymore).
18
19 from the top of my head i'm not sure which way round it works (maybe
20 both?) which is why i only advised reading of the manpage ;)
21
22 hope this helps,
23 jdb