From: Hund <lists_gentoo@×××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem mounting windows share on samba
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 12:11:09
1 On March 18, 2021 11:15:18 AM GMT+01:00, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >Hi. I have a strange problem mounting a windows share on my gentoo
3 >box. I have two windows disks that I can share c and d drive. If I
4 >write
5 >mount.smb3 //ccs2/c the c drive is mounted. If I say mount.smb3
6 >//ccs2/d the system does not complain, but I get the c drive
7 >instead. In both cases it asks for the password and I give it.
8 >
9 >Windows version is 20h2 and samba version is 4.13.4.
10 >
11 >Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
14 Linux doesn't care about "C:/" or anything. Just mount it like you would with any other disk in a Linux based operating system:
15
16 ```
17 # mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/windows
18 ```
19
20 Or whatever device name it is and wherever you may want to mount it.
23 Hund