From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GRUB v2
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:05:10
1 On Mon, August 15, 2011 11:52 am, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello List,
3 >
4 > I'm sure I saw a thread recently describing progress in understanding and
5 > using grub-2, but now I can't find it. I have six months of articles here
6 > too, and I've searched gmane and the gentoo archive. Perhaps I'm being
7 > dense, or maybe it was on another list.
8 >
9 > I want to try another distro on an oldish box, but its gentoo grub can't
10 > chain to the grub-2 on another boot partition - it reports an invalid
11 > executable format, or something like that.
12 >
13 > Looks like time to bone up on grub-2 as it's the Coming Thing.
14
15 6 months might not be enough, there was a thread called "[gentoo-user] A
16 tiny titillating taste of grub2" and dates back to 9 January 2011.
17
18 There also was a thread called "[gentoo-user] [cookbook] grub2 for idiots
19 like me" by walt (24 January 2011) which is, I believe, what you're
20 looking for.
23 Joost