From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-updater always wants to re-emerge certain things.
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:30:30
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > What criteria does python-updater use to decide what to
3 > emerge?
4 >
5 > I ran python-updater and it wanted to emerge 7 packages. I
6 > emerged all of them except openoffice. Then I ran
7 > python-updater again. It still wants to emerge half of the
8 > packages that I just finished emerging. What does one have to
9 > do to get a package off the list of things python-updater wants
10 > to build?
11 >
12 > The packages it always wants to build are
13 >
14 > dev-libs/boost-1.34.1-r2
15 > x11-libs/vte-0.16.14
16 > app-office/gnumeric-1.8.3
20 Once you get them all emerged, unmerge the old version of python and it
21 will be good to go. That is my experience anyway.
22
23 I know OOo takes a while, it may be a good idea to emerge it too. It
24 may not work if you don't.
25
26 Dale
27