From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL clustering.
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:15:13
1 Pupeno wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I've been searching for a while and reading some code and it seems that the
4 > mysql ebuild doesn't have support for clustering aside that building the
5 > binaries (that is, no config and init files to start the management and
6 > backends and so on).
7 > Am I right or am I missing something ?
8 > Thanks.
9
10 That sounds right. Assuming you're talking about clustering and not
11 replications, they are two separate and distinct mechanisms, it is not
12 something to enter into lightly. There are serious trade offs in using
13 NDB tables which are required for clustering which why no one is
14 inclined to write "default" configs.
15
16 kashani
17 --