From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Redirecting emerge.log to pipe: "emergelog(): [Errno 29] Illegal seek"
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 20:18:42
1 On 08/06/2011 12:29 PM, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm trying to redirect /var/log/emerge.log to pipe.
4 > I removed original log-file and created pipe with the same
5 > name & permissions, but potrage does not write logs there.
6 > Instead, it just issues message:
7 >
8 > emergelog(): [Errno 29] Illegal seek
9 >
10 > Where is the problem? Is it actually possible to redirect
11 > emerge-logs to pipes (or syslog)?
12
13 Hi Jarry,
14
15 #grep LOG /etc/make.conf
16 # PORT_LOGDIR is the location where portage will store all the logs it
17 #PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage
18
19 If that doesn't solve your problem, then you may need to explain the
20 problem you're trying to solve. (I'm always annoyed when I'm forced
21 to change the question instead of getting the answer :)