From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: switch from gnome/systemd to xfce/openrc borked my system
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:20:39
1 On 8/19/19 5:24 AM, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 >
3 >> Make sure you are using a kernel set up for openrc.
4 >
5 > Good catch, although I'm not sure where to find that info in the
6 > available kernel log. I'll look better, I need to stop it from scrolling.
9 Did you update grub and remove the init= line that starts systemd?
10
11 >> In /etc/rc.conf set up a log file and temporarily enable logging.  If any
12 >> openrc scripts fail and can't boot, you will able to look at the logs
13 >> when you
14 >> chroot back into it - using less/cat/plain text editor.  ;-)
15 >
16 > Good idea.
17 >
18 >> I hope the above should allow you to boot, or at least arrive at some
19 >> meaningful failure message to resolve.
22 > One of the last things printed in the kernel log is "random: crng init
23 > done". The random service is part (possibly the last service) of the
24 > boot runlevel which is entered after the sysinit runlevel. So apparently
25 > a lot of openrc stuff has already started successfully. Instead, nothing
26 > from the default runlevel is output. I'll re-check those services.
29 Hmm, is it possible that it's waiting for entropy? Try moving the mouse
30 like a madman for 20 seconds or so.
31
32 Dan