From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE menu missing
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:22:08
1 Hi All,
2
3 Can't recall if anyone else posted on this. Just updated my KDE to
4 the latest 3.5.10 and discovered that there is no KDE menu! This
5 means no KDE applications menu, as well as no menu on the left hand
6 pane when I run kcontrol from a terminal:
7
8 kcontrol: WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found
9 ! Defaulting to Settings/
10
11 Also, I used to have this in my Fluxbox menu to launch Konqueror:
12
13 [exec] (Konqueror) {kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing}
14
15 However, this won't launch konqueror anymore.
16
17 elog said something about running kbuildsycoca as the user I want to
18 launch konqueror from, which I did, but is there anything else I
19 should do to fix any of the above?
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick