From: Ivan Viso Altamirano <ivanviso123@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About vbox vm kernel config
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:11:30
1 You could do make allmodconfig . Have you try localmodconfig or
2 localyesconfig ?
3 El 02/10/2014 05:16, "Harry Putnam" <reader@×××××××.com> escribió:
4
5 > I want to install gentoo as guest with VirtualBox. Host is windows 7.
6 >
7 > In the past I've lost lots of time doing this: Getting the right
8 > drivers into the kernel build.
9 >
10 > My equipment is nothing weird... a Sager NP8760 Laptop with an older
11 > i7 and 8GB ram.
12 >
13 > I wondered if anyone can offer a `.config' for a very recent kernel or
14 > at least not ancient that they know will build a bootable (in the env
15 > mentinoed above) kernel.
16 >
17 > I've been off this list for many months, but have spent yrs
18 > here... recently been running debian but spent something like 7-8 yrs
19 > on gentoo.
20 >
21 > Anything that might ease the process of building a functional setup as
22 > vbox guest would be most welcome here.