From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:14:06
1 On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > I emerge -C ifc and revdep-rebuild rebuilt some stuff but it is gone now.
5 >  So, you may have to work with it but it *might* be removable too.
6 >
7 > Dale
8
9 Hi Dale,
10 For me this was more about following along with the thread and
11 learning about this flag. I had no real intention of changing
12 anything. I do use R in Windows & sometimes in Linux so apparently I
13 need a Fortran compiler. I see no advantage and many disadvantages to
14 switching to ifc from gcc-fortran so I'll just leave things alone.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Mark