From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:38:15
1 On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Not that it likely affects a lot of people, but pulseaudio can
3 > transmit sound over the network to other pulseaudio servers -- a
4 > possible use case I can think of are media centers, though I'm sure
5 > there's more. There's even a guy streaming audio from his Android
6 > phone to another computer [1].
7 >
8 > [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5-phFVfZnQ
9
10 I did an LTSP cluster wayyy back, and pulseaudio's streaming was
11 helpful in getting sound to run on the right machine :)
14 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
15 Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [x] no
16 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none