From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found.
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 03:11:02
1 On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 2:24 AM <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > When I try to boot I'm getting an error:
4 >
5 > "Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init=
6 > option to kernel."
7 >
8 > I am running very low on disk space, I think.
9 > I've tried to boot strap the system and remove some files but boot strap
10 > is not working. When I boot from minimal-install gentoo CD I try:
11 >
12 > swapon /dev/sda3
13 > swapon: /dev/sda3: read swap header failed: Input/output error
14 >
15 >
16 On my boxes with swap files, kernel 5.7.0 barfs;
17
18 # file /swapfile
19 /swapfile: Linux/i386 swap file (new style), version 1 (4K pages), size
20 2097151 pages, no label
21 # swapon -a
22 swapon: /swapfile: swapon failed: Invalid argument
23
24 I havent looked into it yet as they're rarely used at all. What kernel are
25 you using?