From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] seems lots of packages no longer in the tree
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:05:22
1 On Sun, 25 Sep 2022 10:33:57 -0400,
2 Arve Barsnes wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sun, 25 Sept 2022 at 16:04, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Hi. I updated the tree yesterday using git. Now, in this mornings
7 > > batch of announcements, I am finding lots of packages no longer in the
8 > > tree -- one of them is app-admin/logcheck . Another is rxvt. Now, I
9 > > don't use these packages, but I am wondering if something has gone
10 > > wrong with my tree?
11 >
12 > I don't have either of those packages in my tree, so we're in the same
13 > boat. I don't know about rxvt (rxvt-unicode is still in the tree), but
14 > logcheck was lastrited on the gentoo-dev mailing list a while back, so
15 > I assume it was expected to disappear.
16 But they had an announcement about a bug fix to logcheck and there are
17 others like dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin which seems strange to me.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici wb2una