From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gpasswd not function immediately?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:51:17
1 On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 15:35 +0800, Qiangning Hong wrote:
2 > I want to create a crontab for my account using "crontab -e". However
3 > system tells me I have no permission to run crontab. I checked the
4 > "Gentoo Linux Cron Guide"_ and find that I must add my account to the
5 > cron group to use crontab. Follow the guide, I ran:
6 >
7 > $ sudo gpasswd -a hongqn cron
8 >
9 > and run "crontab -e" again. But bash still tells me "Permission
10 > denied". It seems the system has not recoginized I am already a cron
11 > group member immediately. Maybe it reads a cache somewhere? If so, how
12 > can I flush that cache?
13 >
14 > --
15 > Qiangning Hong
16 > http://www.hn.org/hongqn (RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hongqn)
17 >
18 > Registered Linux User #396996
19 > Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=67907&t=1>
20 > Thunderbird! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=67907&t=183>
21 Hi,
22 i think you'll have to logout & login to activate this change.
23 HTH. Rumen