From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Video play problem in full screen
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 01:15:03
1 Hello everyone.
2 I am using i3wm and compton on top of xorg using the nouveau driver.
3 The problem is that playing video in full screen produces some glitches in
4 the picture, and mplayer and vlc both have the same problem.
5 It does not depend on the resolution of the video file. High quality and
6 low quality video files produce the glitches in full screen mode. What I
7 mean by glitches is that on some places of the screen, colors change out of
8 order for something about 0.5 seconds.
9 I know that it is very vague explanation and I'm sorry but I don't know how
10 give more specific information.
11 I don't think that the driver is causing the problem because I on my ARCH
12 box there is not such a problem.
13 So, how can I find out what is wrong so after that I search for a cure!
14
15 Thank you very much.