From: Kevin <koquinn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia drivers don't compile under kernel 2.6.24
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:56:03
1 On Feb 19, 2008 6:12 AM, John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > This was done already before the problem occurred.
4 >
5 > on Tuesday 02/19/2008 Sjakie(sjakie@××××××××.nl) wrote
6 > > I had this problem once with some other software. I fixed it by setting
7 > /usr/src/linux to the same directory as the kernel i was using. Before that
8 > change it was pointing to an older kernel version.
9 > >
10 > > You can do this with eselect kernel list and then eselect kernel set
11 > >
12 > > -----Original Message-----
13 > > From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
14 > > Sent: dinsdag 19 februari 2008 12:28
15 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
16 > > Subject: [gentoo-user] nvidia drivers don't compile under kernel
17 > 2.6.24
18 > >
19 > > Hi. I tried using kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r2 -- however the nvidia
20 > > drivers version 100.14.19 complains that it is unable to determine
21 > > the kernel version. I did some googling, but saw no solution to this
22 > > problem, but it seems others are having difficulties with this also.
23 > >
24 > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
25 > >
26 > > --
27 > > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 > > How do
29 > > you spend it?
30 > >
31 > > John Covici
32 > > covici@××××××××××.com
33 > > --
34 > > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
37 > > --
38 > > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
39 >
40 > --
41 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
42 > How do
43 > you spend it?
44 >
45 > John Covici
46 > covici@××××××××××.com
47 > --
48 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
51 I had the same problem, but didn't research it to far. To fix it I just
52 used the masked version and it compiled fine. Been running for a couple
53 weeks and haven't noticed any issues with them either.