From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why does revdep-rebuild object to mounting /var on /mnt/var ?
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 18:59:43
1 On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM, <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > I use lvm and use it for /var.
3 > In fstab I have
4 > /dev/vg/var /mnt/var ext4 defaults 0 2
5 > I also have
6 > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Aug 31 16:13 /var -> mnt/var
7 >
8 > (Similar setup for /tmp and /opt)
9 >
10 > This has worked ok but revdep-rebuild is not happy
11 >
12 > root@E6510 cache # revdep-rebuild
13 > * Configuring search environment for revdep-rebuild
14 > * Working directory expected to be /var/cache/revdep-rebuild, but it is /mnt/var/cache/revdep-rebuild
15 > root@E6510 cache #
16 >
17 > I don't intend to fight revdep-rebuild so will change and mount directly
18 > onto /var, but I wonder what is the concern.
19
20 I think it's the symlink the thing that is making revdep-rebuild
21 unhappy. Have you tried to bind mount /mnt/var into /var?
22
23 mount -o bind /mnt/var /var
24
25 Perhaps that will appease revdep-rebuild.
26
27 > Should I also mount directly onto /tmp and /opt?
28
29 I don't think so, although /tmp is preferred to be a tmpfs now, I
30 believe (in both systemd and OpenRC, if I'm not mistaken).
31
32 Regards.
33 --
34 Canek Peláez Valdés